Catch Up With US: A Q1 Review of Events
The first quarter of 2023 afforded TMG the opportunity to attend a host of domestic and international industry events and conferences. TMG strives to keep up with all the current events in an industry that is fast-paced and rapidly undergoing changes in all aspects from social responsibility, sustainability, to practices and processes. These events allow us the opportunity to network and connect with others to gain insights and add to the conversation and discussions about new and evolving technologies, topics, and challenges within the mining sector.
Find a list of attended events below:
- Jan 26, 2023: The Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum Luncheon & presentation by David Harquail (CEO of Franco-Nevada).
- Feb 16, 2023: Young Mining Professionals Speaker Series with Mark Bristow (President & CEO of Barrick Gold Corp).
- Feb 14-17, 2023: International Energy Conference & Expo Guyana.
- March 5-8, 2023: Prospectors & Developers Association of Canada Convention & Expo.
- March 20, 2023: MINdustry Night at the University of Toronto.
PDAC’s annual convention was back and better than ever for 2023. The convention attracts over 25,000 attendees, and features exhibitors, investors, stakeholders, as well as exploration and mining companies from all over the world. From March 5th to 8th 2023 the venue was transformed into a hub for networking, gathering and the exchange of information; accompanied by exciting exhibits of innovative technologies, discussions and panels for issues related to the mineral exploration and development industry.
Our team was in full attendance for this year’s convention & expo to again engage, connect, and learn alongside thousands of other industry professionals. The team spent time networking, exploring the exhibit hall, checking out the showcases and attending many of the sessions and presentations throughout the three-day event.
With so many great exhibits and panels, it was hard to make a brief list, but here is TMG’s key takeaways and topics from PDAC Convention& Expo 2023:
- The role and future of digitization in mining.
- The learning sessions and presentations related to advocacy and policy work, supporting the responsible exploration and development of mineral resources in Canada.
- Canada’s changes to the regulatory processes for critical mineral mines, as the North American critical mineral supply experiences a large push in demand and influx of investment.
- Lana Eagle’s presentation and the panel discussions about Canada’s growing role and impact in the recovery of critical minerals.
- The Social and environmental impact of mine waste and learning about new innovations for creating sustainable mining solutions.
TMG also had the pleasure of hosting its second annual PDAC Social Reception. The event was an opportunity for those from all backgrounds within the industry to casually gather, network with friends both new and old while enjoying cocktails and refreshments. TMG wishes to extend a personal thank you to all those who were able to attend the event hosted at the TMG Toronto corporate office.
Scroll down to view photos from some of the events of Q1 that Technical Management Group has attended.
The Prospectors & Developers Association of Canada (PDAC) 2023 & TMG PDAC Social.
AME Roundup, Vancouver Canada Jan 23-26, 2023.
The 2nd International Energy Conference and Expo Guyana February 14 – 17, 2023
Written with respect and recognition,
Your TMG Team
TMG provides a unique oversight service to mining company executives and project owners who are, or will be, engaged in growing or enhancing their enterprise through capital projects. Our collective years of expertise enable us to get things done faster – ultimately saving you precious time, and helping you honour your project budget. In an industry where timing is everything, bringing TMG in at the right stage of your investment to be the eyes and ears for the project is critical.
Let’s connect and discover how we can help you bring your projects in on time.